Friday, January 13, 2012

My Little Corner

I am blessed to have a whole room to myself in our home for my office and library. Since I work from home it's nice to have a cheerful, convenient place to attend to business. In the evenings I like to hang out with Lyle in the family room. Sometimes we watch a movie together or just talk. Even if he's busy on the computer, or watching ..:yawn:.. Tekzilla, or ..:even bigger yawn:.. football, I still like to be in the same room with him if he's home. That's when I do most of my crocheting.

Until recently my yarn and supplies weren't very well organized. Some were in the family room closet, others were in a bin in a crawl space under the stairs, or in a cupboard or drawer in my office or bedroom. Most of it (whatever I was currently working on, or had recently been working on) was in boxes or bags on the floor around my chair in the family room. It was a mess!

Then I had the brilliant idea to re-purpose this storage bin rack. I think it's really meant for toys. I had picked it up at a garage sale soon after we moved in this house. It was in a closet with miscellaneous craft supplies in it. I boxed up those supplies and moved the rack out into the family room right beside my chair.
Then I organized my yarn stash in it. Now I can see at a glance exactly what I have to work with, and what I need to re-stock. I also promised myself to keep my stash within the confines of this rack... so I need to work up what's there before adding more. I think I have enough to keep me busy for awhile, don't you?
I love my cozy corner! The afghan was given to me by my mother-in-law for Christmas many years ago. It was made by her mother. The rustic floor lamp with the little round table came from a garage sale last summer. I thought it fit our knotty-pine paneled family room perfectly.

I have my coffee and devotions there on winter mornings, and wind down at the end of the day with crocheting and quiet visits with my sweetheart.

It's a wonderful life!

No comments: