Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Messy Office

If we waited until we "had time" to do anything, I suspect we'd never get anything done, would we?

Earlier this week Lyle mentioned that he thought he'd like a corner desk for a change. His desk is in the family room and he thought it would be a better fit than the desk he was currently using. As it happens, he had been using the beautiful roll-top desk we bought for me several years ago. I had his corner desk in my office. We had traded desks soon after we moved into this house. I can't remember why. So when he started talking like that, I happily volunteered to trade back with him.

Now, in our family, Lyle is the one who likes to rearrange the furniture. I know, it's usually the wife-- but not me. Maybe I'm just too lazy. I don't know. In any case, when he decides to move things around he doesn't waste any time. So Tuesday evening we swapped desks. And now I have boxes of office clutter and files sitting all around me. What a mess!

Not only that, but I'm in the middle of a major work project that is due in less than 2 weeks... and then I'll be out-of-town for a few days. I'm hopeful that I can get it all put back together after that. Then I'll have to show you how nice my office looks with my pretty desk.

In the meantime, I probably won't be blogging much.

2 comments:

katrina said...

I was just pinning a bunch of pins from your pinterest page and decided to check out your blog when I noticed you and I have a mutual friend....Farrah! Such a small world.
Blessings~
Katrina

Farrah said...

Hi Katrina! *waving* It is indeed a small world! I had to do a double take when I saw your face here in Karla's comments. Lol!

Karla, I'm having a hard time catching up as well. It didn't help I got the flu for a few days, but at least I feel almost back to normal now. :-)