Friday, October 12, 2012

Walking Pays Off

 It is approximately two miles from our house to the print shop where my husband works. One afternoon about 3 weeks ago, I decided to walk to the shop for exercise, and then ride home with Lyle. For someone as out-of-shape as I am, two miles is a "fur piece"... but I made it.

The next day I decided to try it again. It was more fun to have a destination in mind... especially with that handsome-man-of-mine waiting at the end... than just aimlessly walking around the neighborhood. And the second day was easier than the first day.

So I've been walking the two miles every weekday since. I have to admit it's not the most scenic route in our area, but there are interesting things to see along the way. The gorgeous Indian Summer weather we've been having has made it great.

And... I've discovered that it's actually a paying proposition! Yes, it is! Did you know that people leave money laying around on the sidewalks just for the taking? They do! Actual cash money!

I've garnered a grand total of 3 cents so far! I'm gonna keep watching, too, because my Daddy always told me if I picked up enough pennies I would eventually be a millionaire! (Just let me know if you need a loan, Dad.)

2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

You go girl! You might even lose a little weight as a side effect. Just makes "cents" to me

Baawaaahaaaaa!

Rachel said...

That bottom picture actually makes our town look somewhat...small.