Wednesday, November 7, 2012

50 Questions - Part 2

Because I'm sure you're all just dying to read the rest of my answers, here ya go. You can read Part 1 in the previous post, if you like.
26. Do you often skip breakfast?
Probably about half the time, though I usually do have coffee.

27. Would you want to know the exact date and time you were going to die?
No, thank you.

28. Describe your neighborhood.
We live in a new-ish neighborhood. The houses are about 15 years old, I think. Because of this, the trees in our neighborhood are all pretty young, so we don't have a lot of shade. Our street is on a hill so we have a nice view of the valley below. We also have mountains in the distance on three sides.

29. Name a TV series you didn't enjoy until after it ended.
I grew up without TV, so a lot of the shows from the 1980s and before had long-since ended before I ever saw them. One of my favorites is The Andy Griffith Show.

30. Have you ever bought a product from an infomercial?
No. Though I have bought products from the "As Seen on TV" section at Wal-Mart or wherever. Not that I had seen it on TV, but because it looked like a useful product. Some turned out to be more useful than others.

31. What is one thing you could never forgive?
I'm not sure. I pray that God would give me the grace to forgive whatever I needed to forgive.

32. What part of the past year sticks out in your mind?
One of my favorite memories is the 2-day trip Lyle and I took to the coast for his birthday.

33. What is your favorite sport?
Who says I have a favorite sport? I don't really care for sports much at all. I enjoy hiking but that's really more of an activity than a sport, I guess.

34. What has been troubling you lately?
Lyle having to work 70+ hours a week.

35. Who was your first crush?
I had a "boyfriend" when I was 5. Does that count? He was also 5 and went to our church. I barely remember him.

36. Where is your favorite place to go out and eat?
On the Border, but there isn't one around here.

37. Give me an unpopular opinion you have.
Nope. Not gonna. This is my blog and I don't invite controversy here. Thanks for asking, though.

38. Describe a person that inspires you.
My parents and my grandparents inspire me. They are/were hard-working and giving. I am grateful for the heritage I have.

39. If you could earn minimum wage doing what you love, would you?
Probably. I do a lot of things I enjoy for which I earn less than minimum wage or even nothing.

40. Describe the last time you were very angry at someone.
I can't remember. Usually disagreements make me sad, not angry.

41. Where would you prefer to live? A city? The suburbs? The countryside? The mountains?
Out in the boonies, whether that's "countryside" or "mountains." We choose to live in town, though, so Lyle can spend more time at home and not commuting.

42. Where is "home" for you?
Home is where I currently live. I have lived in so many different places, that I don't have a "hometown." We have been in our current home for over 4 years now, and in the area for over 14. So it feels like home. That being said, "I'm kinda homesick for a country to which I've never been before..."

43. Where do you and your friends go to hang out?
Usually a coffee shop and/or bookstore. And my "friend" is usually my husband, though occasionally I'll meet another friend for coffee. (Jan, it's been too long... we really need to make a date to "hang out" again sometime!)

44. Have you ever been bullied? Have you ever bullied anyone else?
I was bullied in... oh, 5th or 6th grade. I've never intentionally bullied anyone, unless you count being the bossy big sister the same thing as being a bully. Or being a mom. My kids probably think I bully them.

45. Is it possible for guys and girls to be just friends?
On a certain level, yes. I think there is a fine line that shouldn't be crossed, though.

46. What are the 6 songs you listen to the most?
I don't listen to music often enough to know.

47. If you could meet anyone on earth, who would it be?
I'm not sure. I'm not big on meeting celebrities, if by "meeting" you mean shaking their hand and exchanging pleasantries once. I do have several blogging friends I've "met" online whom I wouldn't mind meeting in real life sometime.

48. What is your favorite blog currently?
I have a list of favorites that pop up in my Google Reader whenever there's a new post-- including Day by Day and Butterflies and Rainbows, where I picked up this tag.

49. What's the farthest you've ever been from home?
Florida, I think.

50. What's the one thing you're afraid of?
Snakes. I hate snakes.

3 comments:

Denise said...

As always, I love reading your writings! You are such a comfortable person and I am proud to call you friend ~ for over 30 years now! Maybe I will spend Thanksgiving afternoon "picking up this tag" and count 50 blessings in a different way? That would be fun!

Keetha Broyles said...


You may not have a favorite SPORT, but you DO have a favorite football-crazy FRIEND.

;-)

Jan said...

Ha ha...sorry about that, Karla!
I knew I would enjoy reading your answers, though! Thanks for playing along! ;-)