Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Gratefulness

November is such a gray, dreary month. For example, today we get exactly 8 hours and 2 minutes of daylight. And it will only get shorter for the next month. I think that's what makes November so hard-- even worse than February, my second least-favorite month. At least in February the days are getting longer instead of shorter, and spring is right around the corner. With November you get increasingly shorter days with winter just around the corner.

And it's been raining and raining and raining all week. Not a "Super Storm Sandy" kind of rain, of course. But a typical slow drizzly, chilly, Northwest-in-the-fall kind of rain. Perfect weather for curling up in front of a fire with a cup of coffee and a good book. Not that I have time to do that, you understand, but the weather is perfect for it anyway.

Today I'm grateful that the problems I have, and the worries on my mind, are really pretty trivial in the broad scheme of things. Mostly what you would call First World Problems. I don't have to worry about a roof over my head, or where my next meal is coming from. I have good health and a happy family.

I am blessed.

And I am grateful.

Happy Thanksgiving!


2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Fisherhubby and I joke about the early darkness all the time - - - might as well, crying doesn't help!

Farrah said...

Let me know if you want to talk about any of them (problems). It helps! :-)

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!