Friday, September 6, 2013

Around the Place

My mums are in bloom. 
It seems a little early, but I'm not complaining. 
They are beautiful.
 The Girls are looking more matronly all the time. 
Peony is the prettiest, in my opinion. 
More importantly, we appreciate their diligent egg production.
The sunflowers are beginning to fade. 
It will be interesting to see how many make seeds that we can roast. 
We have several varieties, and they don't all make edible seeds.
The leaves on the Japanese Maple tree in our front yard are getting darker. 
They'll soon begin to fall.

It's definitely September!

2 comments:

Lorna Truesdale said...

LOVE your mums! Those are just beautiful!

Rebekah said...

I love fall! But here in southwest MO, it's still summer. True, the nights are cooler now, but I'm looking forward to real autumn days!