Monday, December 23, 2013

Holiday Ramblin'

To say I'm feeling overwhelmed these days is putting it mildly.
It seems surreal that Christmas is the-day-after-tomorrow. I keep turning on Christmas music (even though I usually only enjoy it in very small doses) to remind myself that we really are in the midst of the Christmas season. Mostly my mind is whirling with trying to figure out how we are actually going to manage to move in two weeks.

In the midst of everything, life goes on. So here's a little glimpse of what we've been up to lately besides packing.
Early in December, the girls and I enjoyed a lovely ladies' brunch at church.

The next morning Lyle and I flew to Colorado for a week to check out the situation there and to make our decision about moving.
While we were there I crocheted almost non-stop because pre-Christmas orders for mug cozies were pouring in from my Etsy shop. I haven't yet taken time to tally up how many I actually made this fall, but I know it numbers in the hundreds! Just crazy!
Last Sunday night we sang in a cantata at church. We enjoyed participating in the choir. It was a fun cantata to prepare for. What was so amazing to me was that our choir director was a 19-year-old young man, and our accompanist just had his 15th birthday! They did an outstanding job.

Wednesday night we had a "farewell" social time with our Bible study group. We have been hosting a weekly Bible study in our home for the past 6.5 years, so we've formed some very special relationships. It is hard to say good-bye.
The girls have been enjoying Christmas activities and time with friends this month. Laura hosted a party for her friends Friday night.
On Saturday afternoon she went sledding with friends and banged up her knee pretty badly. The wound was very deep and ugly, so we decided she should probably go to the Immediate Care clinic. As it turns out the covering of the knee cap was even torn, so it required 6 internal stitches and 4 external... plus a tetanus shot and a round of antibiotics. Lyle said, "We are so glad the accident wasn't worse, but the timing couldn't have been much worse." She is getting around pretty well, but is limited in what she can do.

And so... that brings us up to Christmas week. My shopping is done. I just have a few last-minute gifts to wrap... and countless boxes to pack.

As always... life is an adventure!

1 comment:

Farrah said...

Poor Laura! We're praying for you guys. It's hard to imagine you living anywhere other than Idaho, but God sometimes surprises us with these bends in the road.

Christmas kinda snuck up on us as well, and we're not even moving!