Sunday, January 19, 2014

Random Observations

Headed home from church after the morning service today, it was 65 and sunny! Certainly not what we're used to in mid-January. I had a pot roast in the oven for dinner.

"Who'd be in favor of eating dinner out on the deck?" I queried. It was unanimous. We all were. And so we did.

***
In the almost-2-weeks we've been here we haven't needed to venture much beyond 5 miles from home. Lyle's job is approximately 6 miles from here. Everything else is within that radius. 

***
The mountains are bright and sharp in the mornings when the sun hits them from the east. By late afternoon they are shadowy and muted as the sun goes down behind them.

***
Our new jobs are going well. Naturally, there are learning curves and adjustments to make, but it looks like things are working out according to plan.

***
Broncos fans take their football quite seriously indeed.

***
Just yesterday I noticed that the tall bushes along the back of our deck are lilac bushes. Happy thought! I love having lilacs in the yard.

***
I'm still not sure if my 40-year-old philodendron is going to recover from the move. I'm babying it along, so we'll see.

***
It takes awhile to develop new routines. I've found it mentally exhausting to start a new job and try to set up housekeeping in a new place and still keep in touch with all my friends. Please don't be offended if you aren't hearing from me as often as you would like. I am thinking of you, and hope to return to my previous level of social interaction before long.

6 comments:

Denise said...

Well, the "Random Observation" I liked the most is the one about your lilacs! Can you imagine how heavenly that will be in about three months? Oh my! It sounds like you are settling in pretty well and like your new neck of the woods ~ I am so glad! Have a great week!

Dinah Raye Smith said...

No offence taken as I knew you would be so busy. Rog was glad to hear from Lyle last week. But all being said we sure miss you but are happy about your lilacs!!

A Romantic Porch said...

Praying for you in your adjustments. THAT is mentally exhausting to me.
Love you,
Rachel

pse said...

I KNOW you are busy. So much to do. The girls are keeping me informed. Next week we may just have to guess at what is going on at your house!
It is always interesting to see what plants are in the yard at a new place. I love lilacs!

Farrah said...

You're doing a fantastic job with your blogging, considering how recently you moved!

My aunt has lived in Colorado for decades, and I don't know if we talked to them a single time over the years when she didn't mention how beautiful the mountains are. We see them less than once a year, but that was always foremost on her mind when giving updates. I imagine they must really be something. :-)

Making Memories 1999 said...

Living close to the mountains and having lilacs in your back yard...you are blessed indeed! =)