Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pink

One of my recent projects was crocheting this soft pink throw for my sister-in-law who was diagnosed with breast cancer this summer.
It took me awhile to find just the right yarn. I wanted something soft and lightweight, and I wanted pink, but not "baby" pink. (There are lots of choices for baby pink, but not so many for rose.) This was actually called "salmon" but I think of salmon as more peachy than this. Once I could think past the label, I decided it was just the color I wanted after all.
The pattern was fun to work up, with the pineapple edging. I thought it turned out very lacy and feminine.

I had some yarn left over, so I whipped up a little pair of slippers to match.
I loved being able to stitch and pray at the same time... and if you happen to think of my sister-in-law, please join me in praying for her recovery.

Visit the Trendy Treehouse for more Creative Share Wednesday posts.

5 comments:

Country Girl said...

Wow, you are so amazingly talented at crocheting. I was happy with how my little hat turned out. But my goodness, that throw is amazing! And we are keeping her in our prayers here as well.

Heather said...

Those are so beautiful! So delicate and I love that color. My mom used to crochet, but I never learned. I will be praying for your sister-in-law.

Aliene said...

That's beautiful, Karla. Which sister in law are you referring to?
Must be on Lyle's side. We will pray for her.

Aliene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Farrah said...

The throw turned out fantastic!!

I'm praying for Sue. :-)