Monday, April 2, 2012

Signs of Spring

 After the wettest March on record we decided to go for a drive up the Coeur d'Alene River yesterday to see how high it had gotten. It was drizzling a little when we left, but we took along a picnic lunch anyway, because that's just what we do when we go for Sunday drives.

As we got into the back country the raindrops turned to sloppy snowflakes. It was not accumulating, though. The snow along the sides of the road was still left over from winter. It's springtime now, dontcha know?
 We stopped at this pullout along to river to eat our lunch in the car. See the green grass just barely emerging along the riverbank? That proves it. Spring is here! We just have to look really close for the signs.
I expect that's what this doe and her family were doing-- looking for signs of spring. (There were five of them, and while they agreed to pose for pictures, they wouldn't all stand together for a group shot.)

***
In other news, April is shaping up to be a busy month. The new Sonlight catalog "goes live" today which is sure to bring with it a flurry of questions as homeschoolers begin to plan for their next school year.

Later this month I'll be representing Sonlight at the Christian Heritage conference in Redmond, Washington.

Before that, my youngest daughter and I will be making another trip to Arkansas. My mother had an accident last week and broke her ankle. My sisters and I are taking turns going to help out, since Mother has to be off her feet for at least another 6 weeks. I expect that's harder on her than the pain of the break and the surgery.

Life is an adventure.

Isn't it?

1 comment:

Jan said...

Great photos, Karla!

Wow, you continue to be busy!! Tell your mom I hope she heals up quickly!