Monday, January 3, 2005

Ramblin' Update

I keep thinking I will be inspired to write something really profound... or at the very least, something worth saving... but so far nothing is coming to me! So I guess I'll just post some random thoughts.

My scrapbooks are calling my name. Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten to them... unless moving the box of "scraps" over in front of the shelf with the "books" on it counts! I did dig through the box a little bit Saturday but never had time to do anything with it. Soon, I hope!

We did "homeschooling light" through the month of December and I had hoped to get back in the "harness" today... but the week is already shot! Medical appointments today and Wednesday, a business trip with DH on Thursday and Friday. So much for normal! Good thing I didn't take the whole month of December off like I have some years.

I've enjoyed reading about the rescue of a baby squirrel on wodaking's blog. I had never heard of such a thing before, and come to find out, this is the second one she's rescued! Cool, huh?

To go along with the Bible reading project, I am currently reading an old, old book (copyright 1898 or something) that my dad gave me from his library on How We Got Our Bible. It is fascinating how the Word has been preserved all these many years. Another book he gave me is Josephus. That would be cool to read alongside the Bible... however it is HUGE! Wonder how far I would get in that? I do have ambitious literary goals!

My sister and her DH just got back from a mission trip to Mexico. She is going to post about it on her blog soon. Can't wait to read about it. (Hint! Hint!)

I got a new coffee pot last week. It is so cool! It is the Home Cafe system by Black & Decker. It "pressure-brews" just like the coffee houses do, instead of the drip kind you usually use at home. The best part is, it makes one cup at a time so you always have fresh coffee. It dispenses right into your cup so there's no pot to wash! The "pods" are a little expensive compared to regular coffee, but I figure with the left-over "stale" coffee I always pour out at the end of the day, it probably doesn't come out to be that much more expensive. Anyway, I'm having fun with it!

Okay, I guess that's enough random chatter from me... Tune in again soon!

No comments: