Monday, July 30, 2007

The Plan?

Yesterday was our last Sunday at the wonderful little church in our area that we discovered the Lord led us to about 5 1/2 years ago. We have been very happy there (if somewhat overworked) and are so disappointed in the direction that the church is now headed, and how the whole thing was handled. Now we are officially "between churches". This is where we were 6 years ago. That time it took us 6 months to find a new church home. I have no idea where we'll go from here. But I take comfort in the fact that I don't have to know!

I got a new CD recently that I have been enjoying so much. Several of the songs have really encouraged me through all this. One I especially like was new to me. I googled for the lyrics and discovered that it's a Steve Green song...
I don't need to have the plan in hand,
I don't need to have the end in sight,
All I need to do is follow you,
wherever you lead and do what you ask me to.

Trusting you, Lord, with all my heart,
following you all my days;
whether I can or can't understand,
I'll acknowledge you in all my ways.

I don't need to have the plan in hand,
I don't need to have the end in sight,
All I need to do is follow you,
wherever you lead and do what you ask me to.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I like this song, too...and my good friend Sonja sure can sing:) I hope ya'll can find a new church home soon...I understand the difficult process. Your parents were at my church yesterday!