Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Reading Challenge

As you probably realize, reading is not a challenge for me. However, I've decided to participate in the Summer Reading Challenge hosted by A Southern Daydreamer Reads because I want to read more YA books this summer. You see, I have aspirations of writing a YA novel, and I've decided it would be good to immerse myself in the genre! So... between now and September 21 my goal is the read (or re-read) the following YA novels:
  • Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery
  • Rilla of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery
  • Betsy was a Junior by Maud Hart Lovelace
  • The Road to Memphis by Mildred D. Taylor
  • Katy's New World by Kim Vogel Sawyer
  • Katy's Debate by Kim Vogel Sawyer
  • Motorcycles, Sushi, and One Strange Book by Nancy Rue 
  • Boyfriends, Burritos, and an Ocean of Trouble by Nancy Rue
  • Perfectly Dateless by Kristen Billerbeck
  • Final Touch by Brandilyn and Amberly Collins
  • Catwalk by Melody Carlson

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Thank you so much for your prayers, encouragement, and support.
Blessings,
andrea

Making Memories 1999 said...

Congrats on your YA novel plans! Will be looking forward to reading it! Hope you all are enjoying a good summer!

pse said...

Are my old letters part of your research? I know you can do this!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Hi Karla.. I am glad you joined the challenge...and I like your list!!

Nanna said...

best wishes on the Novel plans, I ahve all the An of Green Gables series, they're a good read!
Helen