Sunday, June 13, 2010

Weekend Update

It's been a busy weekend! I didn't have as much time to work on my blog for the Bloggiesta as I had hoped, but I still got a good bit done in little snatches of time. I didn't even try to keep track of how much time I spent. Here are some of my accomplishments this go 'round...
  • Completed the Blog Improvement Challenge.
  • Scheduled some upcoming review posts.
  • Visited some of my old favorite blogs and quite a few new-to-me blogs.
  • Added a Blog Button page to share some of the great blogs I enjoy.
  • Added a Daily Fun page to remind me of some of the "theme" days I enjoy participating in.
You see, for the past few months I have found myself getting caught up in (and wasting a whole lotta time on) the Facebook community. Then I began to realize that rather than being a healthy diversion and an encouraging environment for me, it was actually having the opposite affect. Blogging is much more uplifting for me, so I've decided to let Facebook go, for the most part, and focus more on my writing and the things that truly interest me. Hopefully that will be reflected in better blog posts in the days to come. No promises, but that would be the goal!

Besides puttering around on my blog this weekend, I also enjoyed a lovely coffee date with my sweet husband on Friday evening. Yesterday afternoon we attended our niece's high school graduation along with other homeschooled students in our area. In the evening, we joined in a celebration hosted by her parents in honor of her graduation and her younger sister's birthday. This afternoon our family went for a back-country drive and a bike ride on the Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes.

With all that fun and frolicking, can you believe I didn't take one picture? What kind of blogger am I, anyway? I'm going to have to do better than that if I hope to make improvements around here!

Hope you had a great weekend!

7 comments:

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, what a cute idea...the blog button page!

I have not been able to figure out how to add "pages" and "tabs" to Blogger...I have Word Press blogs where I enjoy my pages...lol. Until I can figure it out, anyway.

Here's my post:

http://snowconnections.wordpress.com/2010/06/13/bloggiesta-finish-line/

Mrs. Mandy said...

I am feeling the same way about Facebook myself. I am thinking of how angry it makes me to read some posts from certain people. I use it to communicate more easily than email though so maybeI'll just hide the worst offenders, LOL. I love your blog and thanks for following me!

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

Great job on the Bloggiesta! It sounds like you had a great weekend with everything else as well. Hope you join us again in January.

Shelley (Book Clutter) said...

I just put pages on my blog for the first time and I'm excited about all the possibilities! A buttons page is a great idea!

Pebblekeeper said...

I too have found that I need a break from Facebook Status Updates. :) I find that I either Blog or Facebook. :) I'd rather blog . . . I enjoy the intentional posts in my reader so much more than the crazy status updates of urking children. :)

I'm a new crew member this year! Enjoying your blog - I'm in Oregon, so compared to most we're almost neighbors. :)

Samantha said...

Love the Button Page - what a great idea! Looks like you were able to get things accomplished through Bloggiesta - nice! Have a wonderful week!

TerriG said...

Hey Karla: I am a new follower. I KWYM about Facebook. The things I didn't need to know and now knew irritated me. Great post! I am inspired to polish up my blog.