Thursday, July 8, 2010

Early Summer Wildflowers

I love the wildflowers of early summer... especially the cheerful daisies that flourish in the mountain meadows. I've enjoyed snapping pictures of a wide variety of wildflowers on our hikes recently, and trying to identify them with my wildflower book. It's not as easy as one might think because of the wide range of colors and sizes. What I call purple, the book may identify as blue or pink. Here are some that I captured, along with the names of the ones I could identify:

6 comments:

Making Memories 1999 said...

Good pictures! I especially like the first one of the daisies, as well as the tiger lilly.

pse said...

Beautiful picture of the fence and daisies.

Hazel said...

I absolutely love your nature photos! Beautiful!

I am a new Friday follower and so looking forward to reading more from you.

Come visit me @ www.critiqueoftheunique.blogspot.com

Hazel

Elisabeth LaMouria said...

New follower via one of the blog hops. LOVE you blog and can't wait to learn more about homeschooling from you. I plan on using Sonlight, so I'll be at your blog as I go. We are preparing to homeschool, but not there yet. Our oldest is 4, so we will be starting next fall (officially), but we are already doing stuff at home with him. God bless!
-The Lean Green Mommy Machine
http://sahm83.blogspot.com

Kel said...

Gorgeous photos! My camera would never do that. I'm following from the Friday blog hop. I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Kel
betweenthelines-kel.com

hsmomma said...

Hi! I am following you from the TOS Crew. Please follow me back at www.alittlebooknook.com. I look forward to working with you this year! :)