Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Numbering Our Days

My children are growing up so fast. The older they get the faster the days seem to hurtle by. I try to make a conscious effort to slow down and be in the moment.

Last week my girls and one of their friends wanted to go to the park. I was reminded of the days when "park" was synonymous with "playground." We would go to the park just to get out of the house and burn off some energy. This time the playground was ignored. We were on a photo shoot (practicing for senior pictures) and the mission was to find the most scenic backdrops. The girls had fun taking turns posing for the camera. I was impressed at some of the pictures they ended up with.

It was a magical morning. I had to fight the urge of feeling like I ought to be doing something more productive. Spending idle moments with my children is not time wasted.

So teach us to number our days, That we may gain a heart of wisdom. --Psalm 90:12

6 comments:

bp said...

Great post! The title goes along with some of the beginning lyrics to a song I posted today.

Have a great week.
Bethany

pse said...

Great moments full of memories are never idle moments!

Kel said...

What a great reminder. I so often feel like I need to be doing something "productive", but cleaning can always wait. Our days with our kids are so much more important.

Jill said...

Just stopping by on the TOS Blogwalk to say "hello" and to start following your blog. :)
I enjoyed reading your blog! Your camping pictures are just beautiful! That sounds like so much fun. We are going to try to get a weekend of camping in before fall. (also, this is TOTALLY random, but when I was looking at the side of your blog that lists where people are coming from to visit your blog I saw "Augusta, KS" which is where I used to live. It's such a little place that I was a fun surprise to see it listed there.) :)

Rachel said...

Loved your post on the Lolo motorway. I love outings that are educational and so fun too.

(Stopping by on the blog walk.)

Michelle said...

Can't believe how quickly children grow. Where did the time go. Your blog is SO right on.