Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summertime...

As usual, it's been a busy summer. Can that be my excuse as to why I haven't been keeping up very well with my blog posting? Yep. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it...

In the last few weeks we've had... my parents visit us for a week... which involved sewing, shopping, picnics, visiting, and read-alouds of stacks of old family letters... Fun! ...eye doctor appointment... new glasses for one child... orthodontist appointment... braces adjustment for the other child... annual check-up for me with a slight scare thrown in for good measure... Blech! ...camping trip... reading... family times... making music... Relaxing! ...Lyle's brother and sister-in-law from Kansas in the area for a few days... a family wedding... Busy! ... last homeschool convention of the season... a solo trip to Seattle for me... Stressful! ... sleeping-in for the kids... planning for the upcoming school-year... long drives... looking at stars...  cooking out... and yet long hours of work... Ahhh.... even with all the ups and downs we've just been enjoying the summer! Hope you have, too!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sounds like a good, full summer.