Coming up with the perfect gift for my husband is always a challenge. I want it to be something special that will express how much I love and appreciate him. Over the years I've learned that men don't want sentimental gifts. At least, my husband doesn't. The gifts he seems to appreciate the most are practical things, especially if it involves food! Isn't that funny? Something that he's going to eat, and then it will be gone. Here are some gift ideas along that line that my husband really enjoys.
- a tin of chocolate chip cookies made from his mother's recipe
- a batch of fudge
- a batch of chocolate no-bake cookies
- a box of See's chocolates
- a poster-board size card with a silly message using candy bars to spell out parts of the greeting (I've done this several times before, but I can't find where I've blogged about it. You can just Google "candy bar card" for ideas.)
- a giant Hershey's candy bar
- a big bag of M&M's (Do you see the pattern here? The man does love his chocolate!)
- a cheese tray
- breakfast dates on Saturday mornings (On work days he goes to work too early to want to take the time to sit down to eat, so weekend breakfasts are a treat for him.)
Interestingly enough, when I called my Dad yesterday for his birthday, he told me all about the wonderful apple pie Mother had made him. He described how she served it with whipped cream and how delicious it was. He didn't mention any other gifts. Yup. I'm pretty sure the old adage still holds: The way to a man's heart is through his stomach!
Visit Chrysalis for more Marriage Monday posts on "Joy for Two at Christmas."