Thursday, December 29, 2011

December morning

The weather in my neck of the woods:
We had a beautiful snowfall on Christmas Eve, just enough to cover the ground nicely for a White Christmas. The the last couple of days we've had warm Chinook winds which melted all the snow and even dried up a lot of the resulting melting mess. We didn't especially enjoy the noise of the wind howling through in the middle of the night, but I sure do like how it feels like spring! The sun is even peeking out a bit this morning. It would suit me if the weather stays like this until it actually is spring. But I'm sure it won't.

Things that make me happy:
Having daughters who are old enough and responsible enough to take over so much of the housekeeping, especially during the busy-ness of holiday entertaining.

Books I'm reading:
I'm caught up on review books for the time being. I have several that I'm dabbling in on my Kindle just for fun. Nothing very serious right now.

On the menu for dinner:
I guess I oughta be thinking about that, huh?

On my To Do List:
Decide what to have for dinner.
Work on a writing project.
Look over lesson plans for starting back to school next week.

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
I haven't done much cooking myself lately... or maybe I should say, I haven't tried any new recipes lately. Just made old faithful stand-bys. Laura tried a new recipe for spinach quiche with a hash-brown crust yesterday that was very delicious. She also made some yummy mint-chocolate bars for a get-together we hosted last night.

In the craft basket:
Oh! The craft basket! I got three new crochet books for Christmas... and I'm having a lovely time hooking away in snatched moments here and there, and in the evenings. I'll have to show you later, but right now I'm working on a regency-style wool hat, and a "mantelet" (I think it's called)-- kind of a cross between a shawl and a shrug, also in wool.

Looking forward to this week:
A New Year's Eve ice-skating party. I'm hoping to have my hat finished. I hadn't intended to go skating myself, but since it turns out that I "accidentally" bought myself a pair of ice-skates, somehow I suspect I'll have to at least try it. (How does someone "accidentally" by a pair of ice-skates? That's another funny story I'll have to tell you later.)

No words needed:
Lesson learned the past few days:
Simple things make the best memories.

On my mind:
Plans, goals, and dreams for 2012.

Scripture:
A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps. --Proverbs 16:9

1 comment:

Making Memories 1999 said...

I liked this post... the picture, Scripture, and lesson that you learned. Thanks so much for sharing. Happy New Year!!