Thursday, March 6, 2014

Sunshine Tag # 1

I was feeling a little down earlier this week. Nothing specific, just still processing all the major changes that are going on in my life right now. I told Lyle, "Ya know, I think I just need to get back online with my social networking and blogging again." He agreed. It's been nearly 3 months since my world turned topsy-turvy... I think it's past time for things to "get back" to normal. Not that things will ever be "back" to normal, but maybe things are beginning to settle into the "new" normal. Does that even make sense?

In any case, when I came in from work today Laura told me I had been tagged twice for the "Sunshine Blog Award"... which is really not an award at all, but rather a tag quiz, which is always fun. It started (at least in our circles) with Laura's BFF, Rachel @ Idaho Inspirations, who tagged Laura @ Through My Eyes and Jan @ Butterflies and Rainbows (among others), who both tagged me. That sounds like a nice, easy way to get back into regular blogging, don't you think?

So the "rules" are:
  • Start a new blog post. 
  • Upload an image of your choice. 
  • Answer my 10 questions. 
  • Then make up 10 new questions. 
  • Nominate some bloggers.
In the interest of not boring you with all 20 questions in one post... (not to mention, being able to stretch this out for two posts!)... I'll start with Jan's questions and then do Laura's questions another day.

First, though, the "image." I snapped this on my phone on my way to work yesterday. By lunch time, it was sunny and warm, so I ate my lunch outside at the picnic table!

And now, Jan's questions:
  1. What is one of your most embarrassing moments? I'm too embarrassed to say!
  2. What figure in history do you most look up to? Outside of Jesus or another Bible character (see question #8)... goodness! I don't know! How about Susanna Wesley, mother of John and Charles Wesley (and several other children)? I've heard the story of how she used to pull the skirt of her apron up over her head to find a "secret place" to pray.
  3. What actor or actress do you most resemble (not physical characteristics) in regard to character or part played? Okay, so you're looking for a character in a movie or TV show, huh? Hmm... Maybe Olivia Walton on The Waltons
  4. What is your favorite animal? The Cookie Dog, of course!
  5. What is your biggest pet peeve? Misplaced apostrophes.
  6. What is your favorite comfort food? Is popcorn a comfort food? Made in a pan on the stove top with real butter and plenty of salt.
  7. What is the most important lesson God has taught you? "But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold." (Job 23:10.)
  8. Who is your favorite Biblical character? Jesus, of course. Second favorite, maybe Martha.
  9. What was the scariest thing you have ever experienced? There surely have been scarier experiences than driving up the road to Pikes Peak (sheer drop-offs, no guard rails) but I can't think of them at the moment. And actually, I wasn't driving. Lyle was. I was taking pictures by holding the camera up to the window and snapping with my eyes closed. Lyle laughed at me. That was the summer of 2008.
  10. What is one thing you hope to accomplish in 2014? Make progress on my novel.
Since I was tagged twice, I think I'm going to tweak the rules a bit. Rather than making up 10 new questions, I'm going to let Jan's questions be my questions for this round. And I'm going to nominate whoever wants to play along. So if you've already answered a different set of 10 questions in this go-round, feel free to grab these and post your answers to your own blog. And I'll do Laura's questions in a day or two the same way. Will that be okay?

Let me know in the comments if you decide to play along... because I'd like to read your answers! And if you tag me for a different set of questions, you'll need to let me know, because I'm not yet back in the groove of reading all my favorite blogs yet. (Sorry! Soon, I hope!)

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

As a fellow author, I'm looking forward to hearing more about your novel. :) I know it's hard to write when life is really busy.

Farrah said...

I'm sorry you were feeling down. I definitely think incorporating a little more normalcy would help (and I like the idea of you doing more posts!).

Jan said...

Thanks for playing along! Good new rules for you, having received it twice! lol I hope you settle into your new normal soon...change can be difficult at first.

A Romantic Porch said...

Well, now I need to go pop some corn on the stove with plenty of butter and salt...but that's the way I do it here anyway!
AND I thought surely your favorite Bible personality would probably be Rachel
AND the first scripture that I felt was a life verse for me was Job 23:10...happened in Junior High.
We must be kindred spirit's'!
I'm trying to get back into blogging too. I have had a lot to say...just not sure of the format.
xo love you much,
Rachel