Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunshine Tag # 2

It's been a busy week! But then... they all are, aren't they?

As we've been getting settled it's been fun to explore our new home area, and discover neat new-to-us places. Somebody Lyle works with had recommended a restaurant at a nearby municipal airport, so Lyle took me there for breakfast last Saturday.
I think that may be my favorite breakfast date so far! Our table was by the window overlooking the boarding area with the runway beyond... and the Rocky Mountains off in the distance beyond that. Being a municipal airport, it was all private jets and small planes, but several took off and landed while we had breakfast. It was really fun to watch.
My homeschool convention started this past weekend in Loveland, Colorado. This was my fifth year to do this event, but this time it was "local" for me. I drove back and forth each day and spent the night at home.
Rush-hour traffic coming home on Friday evening through downtown Denver was a bear! Made me re-think the wisdom of not spending the night in Loveland. But I made it! And then Lyle did the driving for me yesterday. I will miss having him be my driver/loader for my other events this spring, as I will be flying.

I had hoped to post more often than weekly, but for now, I guess it will have to do. So to wrap up this week's post, here are my answers to Laura's questions on the "Sunshine Award" blog tag game:
  1. Favorite thing to do on Friday night? Hang out with Lyle.
  2. What is your favorite movie line? "I like people who make me like them. Saves me so much trouble forcing myself to like them." --from Anne of Green Gables.
  3. Android or Apple IOS? Android. I've never owned an Apple product.
  4. Favorite game? Phase 10.
  5. Do you like coconut popcorn? Yes. But I like plain buttered popcorn best.
  6. Favorite blog? Through My Eyes. ;-)
  7. Favorite candy? toffee
  8. What kind of car do you drive? Volkswagen Jetta and Ford Excursion
  9. Favorite place to live? Wherever Lyle lives.
  10. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would they title it? I'm pretty sure that would be Ramblin' Roads, dontcha think:?

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Oh, conference season again! We've been helping my brother get things ready for the season with Light of Faith. I think they're doing Denver again this year. But as far as I know, I won't be there.