Thursday, April 11, 2002

Fruit Smoothies

I made this to go with lunch today. (Taco soup with tortilla chips and shredded cheese.) My family loved it! I adapted it from a recipe we made years ago that we called Orange Julius. I don't know if it's really the same recipe as the Orange Julius stands in the malls. Probably not. But it's still yummy!

6 oz. frozen fruit juice or beverage (doesn't have to be 100% juice)
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup water
1 cup milk
5 or 6 ice cubes

Blend on high until the ice cubes are completely crushed. Serve immediately, if possible. (My husband was late getting home for lunch, so I actually stored it in the freezer for about an hour before serving, and it was fine.)

I used a 12-oz. can of frozen juice and made two blenderfuls for my family of 4.

No comments: