Saturday, May 14, 2005

Free-Style Walking

We were invited to attend a "film festival" at a local high school this week. One of the guys in our youth group is a senior and was the one of the MCs for this event. He also produced 2 or 3 of the films shown in the festival. It was 2 hours of high-school-produced films... ranging from 3 to 10 minutes. Some of them were quite good... but oh, my!! Some were just excruitating to sit through! But, oh, the audience (mostly high school kids) was enthusiastic! I bet Hollywood movies don't get the applause at their premiers that these films did. It was hilarious!

One "movie" was about "Free Style Walking"-- something I had never heard of before. It was 4 or 5 boys--the "Free Style Walking Team"--basically jumping on and over anything they could think of... walking a step or two up a wall, jumping over a fence, running along a park bench... things like that. It was actually pretty interesting, and looked fun for the boys. I wonder how often they got hurt pulling stunts like that. I asked my husband if he could "walk" like that. He said he probably could have when he was their age. He was a pretty good jumper.

No comments: