I got this by email from both of my sisters. Rather than emailing it out to all my friends, I thought I would post it to my blog. Feel free to copy it and pass it on (with your answers, of course)!
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.
Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!!
Just copy (not forward) this entire email and paste into a new e-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you. 'Tis the Season to be NICE!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper, usually.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial this year. Last year we didn't have a tree. The year before that we went to the National Forest and cut down a wild tree. That was fun!
3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever we get around to it. Sometime between the-day-after-Thanksgiving and about December 15 or so.
4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime during the week between Christmas and New Year's.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, if it's homemade and non-alcoholic.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Oh, my... I have a hard time picking a favorite of anything. We always had great Christmas gifts, even though we were very "poor" by today's standards. My parents always put a lot of thought and love into our gifts. Mother often sewed rag dolls and clothes. Sometimes she would find nearly-new things she knew we would like at garage sales. Dad made us wooden doll cradles one year. Another year he worked at a grocery store that sold toys at Christmas time. It seems like we got a lot of cool toys that year. I think it may have been discards that perhaps had a part missing or an open package or were for some other reason unsaleable. We didn't care! My favorite thing that year was a huge pile of ViewMaster reels and the viewer. We got way more reels than the standard 3 that come with the viewer, and then 3 per package for a ridiculous price. That was very cool!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. It's small... the figures are maybe 2" tall... and plastic. But very sweet. The children enjoy setting it up under the Christmas tree. When they were younger they would play with it and act out the Christmas story. That's why I bought a plastic one!
8. Hardest person to buy for? Hmm... it varies from year-to-year.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My kids, of course.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both. And also, hand deliver.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My sister mentioned, "Ms. McKinley next door at our house in Lufkin when I was in the third grade gave us girls all a pair of boys socks – UGLY boys socks!!" I have to agree with that one. Mother said Miz McKinley later said something to her about never seeing us wear the socks she gave us. Can you believe she noticed?!? So Mother told her they were boys' socks so we gave them to our little brothers. Miz McKinley was just appalled. She had no idea! Bless her heart... she was trying to be nice!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As early as I can.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Sure.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? cookies
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? This year they are clear. I prefer colored, but clear are pretty.
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Little Town of Bethlehem
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Usually stay home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? uh-huh, unless I forget
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Our kids open 2 gifts on Christmas Eve. They are always the same thing... a new pair of pajamas and a new Bible story book (or tape/video related to the Bible). We open other gifts on Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Charities trying to make you feel guilty for not giving more, especially on years when it's all you can do to put Christmas together for your own family. I've had a couple of bad experiences in this regard that kinda turn me off of the whole "give to those less fortunate" drive that goes on. Lest you think I'm a complete Scrooge, I do give to needs I am personally aware of as I am able... but I don't usually give to the big charity drives.
23. Does Santa leave the gifts wrapped or unwrapped? wrapped
24. Do you have Jesus in your heart this Christmas? No point in celebrating Christmas otherwise, is there?