Wednesday, June 29, 2011

In which I use up bits of colored thread...

Continuing with my 99 Little Doilies project...
Doily #10
Doily #11
Doily #12
(I decided to use up a bit of silver metallic thread on this one, and make it in my daughter's graduation colors. The pattern had picots all around the edge, but because I ran short on silver thread I had to skip the picots.)
Doily #13

Which one is your favorite of this batch? I think I like #10. (You can't tell it from the pictures but these are a wide range of sizes. #10 is a tiny coaster-size doily. I just think it's cute!)

7 comments:

Natasha Marie said...

They're all so beautiful! I think my favorite is #10, too. It's so cute:)

~Tasha~

Threeundertwo said...

I think 10 is my favorite too - in part because I always love verigated thread. What a fun project!

Heidi said...

I like #10 because it reminds me of some doilies we have here that my mom made.

pse said...

I guess I like #10 best also. But I also like the pink real well.

Jan said...

I think I like number 11. I love the color and the square shape. It's kind of unique. I also like number 12....Fond memories! lol..

Number 12 should have been numbered '11, for obvious reasons. ;-)

Wendy R said...

Lovely doilies! I think 10 is my favorite, so colorful.

❦TattingChic said...

OH! I have this book too!!! I actually taught myself to thread crochet and I have a bunch of Pat Kristopherson crochet pattern books because I LOVE her work! I've actually done a couple of them! I cannot recall if this 99 crochet doilies is one of her books or not and all of my books are packed away from my recent move, LOL! I guess I could google it, lol. well anyway ( oh my gosh... my shift key just died... anyway i guess i'll be the odd man out because i like number 13 a lot...the bottom photo...i just think it's super lovely. they are all beautiful but the bottom photo really sticks out for me.
good to see you again i am just getting caught up on my blog rounds. i had to move from california to utah... a 700 mile move and i am just getting settled...it's one of several reasons why i haven't blogged in awhile...