Sunday, July 10, 2011

Daisy Season

 My favorite wildflower is the daisy. They are in full bloom around here right now, and I have been enjoying seeing them blooming all along the road as we've been out and about. Living in town, we don't have any growing in our yard. Wonder if they'd come up again next year, if I transplanted some from the wild?

On Friday evening we stopped by to see some friends who live out in the country. They invited us to take a walk with them "down to the creek." It was a gorgeous evening for a walk in the woods. I couldn't resist picking a handful of daisies as we walked along. They were just growing everywhere. Five-year-old Michael noticed what I was doing and asked the obvious, "Are you picking flowers?"

"I am!" I told him. "Is that okay?"

"No!" he declared. (We've learned that he likes to be obstinate just to get a rise out of people. It's quite funny... and very cute!)

"Too late," I said, faking regret. "Your mama said I could."

"Okay," he said. "Then I'll pick some, too. But I'm gonna scrunch mine up."

So he did. Tossing the pieces hither and yon. What else would you expect from a 5-year-old boy?

I brought my flowers home and put them on a vase on the table. I love looking at them in the sunlight coming in the kitchen window.
I'm enjoying summer. Are you?

2 comments:

breakmydreams said...

lol and love the pictures :)

pse said...

Yes, the daisies will come back year after year.