On Friday evening we stopped by to see some friends who live out in the country. They invited us to take a walk with them "down to the creek." It was a gorgeous evening for a walk in the woods. I couldn't resist picking a handful of daisies as we walked along. They were just growing everywhere. Five-year-old Michael noticed what I was doing and asked the obvious, "Are you picking flowers?"
"I am!" I told him. "Is that okay?"
"No!" he declared. (We've learned that he likes to be obstinate just to get a rise out of people. It's quite funny... and very cute!)
"Too late," I said, faking regret. "Your mama said I could."
"Okay," he said. "Then I'll pick some, too. But I'm gonna scrunch mine up."
So he did. Tossing the pieces hither and yon. What else would you expect from a 5-year-old boy?
I brought my flowers home and put them on a vase on the table. I love looking at them in the sunlight coming in the kitchen window.
I'm enjoying summer. Are you?


2 comments:
lol and love the pictures :)
Yes, the daisies will come back year after year.
Post a Comment