Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Not-Friday Fragments

When I'm not traveling it seems I blog in fragments these days. Oh, well... three more conventions to go, over the next three weekends, and then I'll be done for the season.

I'll be flying to Omaha tomorrow morning. While I don't mind flying, it sure doesn't offer the "scope for the imagination" that road trips do. My flight is 5.5 hours long, though, so it should be relaxing to have that much down time. Okay, maybe "down time" isn't exactly the right phrase for a flight, but you know what I mean! I'll take my Kindle, and my MP3 player with an audio book to listen to (though not while I'm reading my Kindle), and some crocheting. Hopefully I can get an aisle seat to accommodate my long legs, and I'll be all set.

The next two weekends will be road trips to Boise and Seattle, so I'll have more pretty scenery pictures to share, I'm sure. In the meantime, we loved seeing a rainbow over our house yesterday at sunset.
We had a lovely Memorial Day weekend. On Saturday we had errands to run most of the day, but took time to have lunch with friends. On Sunday morning it was good to be back in church (after being on the road the previous two Sundays). Then we had other friends over later in the day to watch the Indy 500, which Lyle had recorded. On Monday we enjoyed a barbecue with a large group from our church. It was hosted by a family who lives about 80 miles away. As always, we enjoyed the drive. It drizzled on and off throughout the afternoon and evening, but it was still a fun time with good fellowship.

Our calendar is beginning to fill up with fun summer activities and busy work schedules. We still haven't been camping yet this year, so we are looking forward to getting out to the wilderness for a weekend before too long.

Hope your summer is off to a great start!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Pretty photo! Glad your busy season, is about to come to an end...but have enjoyed following along..:-) We will have to have coffee when things settle down for you.