It's not like her to not say where she's going. "You just ran some errands this morning. What errands do you have to run now?"
"Oh... just errands," she said vaguely.
A-ha! Mother's Day is coming up. I had forgotten. And so, off she went on her "secret" errand.
***

We'll be gone this weekend, so yesterday evening my family presented me with a gorgeous hanging basket full of petunias and other complementary flowers I don't know the names of. I was told it would
love the sun, but needs plenty of water. I have a perfect place to hang it, just outside the kitchen door on the back deck.
Such a thoughtful family I have! I will enjoy my Mother's Day flowers all summer.
***

I stepped outside the front door this morning to take a picture of my miniature azalea bush which is flourishing nicely. It was a house-warming gift from my friend, Kay, when we moved into our home 5 years ago.
I'm glad it has thrived. It reminds me of sweet Kay in heaven every time I notice it. The Precious Moments statuette is in memory of our previous dog, Murphy. So this is my little "memorial garden."
***
My lilacs are coming on, too. I expect they'll be in full bloom when we get back from our trip week-after-next.
I do love spring!


1 comment:
Such beautiful flowers! I love them.
Post a Comment