Sunday, August 4, 2002

Settler's Grove Geocache

Whoo-hoo! This is the first niskibum cache we've found! After our failed attempts at Camo Art 2 I was beginning to wonder if I was just an idiot, or what! It gives me great comfort to be able to log this one as Found... and we were the first finders, at that!

We thoroughly enjoyed the hike. The trail is simply beautiful! It's amazing to me that more people don't know about these gorgeous places, but I guess they're off the beaten path far enough to not attract the general run of commercial-type tourists. The kids took off their shoes to wade in the creek but they didn't last long as the water was COLD!

It took us a long time to finally find the cache once we got to the hillside... (In my out-of-shape book it's more than a hillside! LOL!) Even with the spoiler picture it was quite a challenge to find. We had no signal at all on the hill.

No comments: