Monday, February 19, 2007

Menu Plan Monday

So I got my blog moved, and have set up housekeeping (at least partly... still working on it!). I would like to blog more often but I have a hard time thinking of things to write about. Sorry, not gonna do the "diary" thing where I write out all the things that are going on in my life. The internet is just way too public for that! I know some people feel comfortable doing that, but I just don't.

One thing I've come across recently that I want to try is to have a daily theme. Apparently there are blogs that host these themes and if you post on the theme topic then you can link to that blog and get more traffic to yours. Something like that. Seems kinda cool, and I have found some homemaking ones that look interesting. So to start off with, I'm going to try:





I haven't done regular menu planning in... well, ever... occasionally, yes, but regularly, no.
However, the times I have done it sure make things run more smoothly! This will be a good habit to get into. Besides, my daughter is interested in doing most of the cooking lately (Yay!) so this will help give her a little direction. So, here's the plan for this week. I'll let you know next Monday how closely we stuck to it!

Monday: omelets and hashbrowns
Tuesday: fast food as I will probably be running errands
Wednesday: sloppy joes, tater tots, carrots
Thursday: pasta dish, green veggy
Friday: pizza (family game night)
Saturday: tacos
Sunday: roast venison with potatoes and carrots, green salad

Click on the "Menu Planning Monday" banner for a list of more blogs that are participating in this theme today!
Please post comments in the box to the right. Thanks!

No comments: