Sunday, November 28, 2010

Crochet Fun

 I recently snagged this "loverly" collection of close to 200 afghan patterns at a thrift store. It's one of those build-a-binder collections, where you subscribe and get so many patterns a month to put in your binder. There are sections for antique styles (my favorites!), mile-a-minute, granny squares, quilt-inspired, geometric, afghans for babies and kids, and more! I have enjoyed poring over the pictures, trying to decide on my favorites. I like the "antique" patterns best. Ahhh... if I just had all the time in the world to crochet... and an unlimited supply of yarn...

 One pattern in particular caught my eye... well, two actually... Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam. They made me think of my Aunt 'Lene. Earlier this year she finished a Sunbonnet Sue quilt that my grandma had started. Since then she's made several other quilts, which she posts about on her blog, Meditations and Memories. I happen to know that Aunt 'Lene crochets, too, so I think I'm going to mail these two patterns to her and see what she can make of them. I think it would be cute to make one afghan with blocks from both patterns. Whaddya think, Aunt 'Lene? Up for a little blog challenge from your "favorite" niece? I bet some of your little great-grand-young'n's would like this throw!

No comments: