Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Free Advent Resource

As we've been studying Ancient Times this year, we've been reading Bible stories that follow along with the chronology of World History. Interestingly enough, as we approach the Advent season we have reached the time of the Roman Empire in our history studies.

This morning I found a free resource that I plan to use along with our history and Bible studies this month. It is the Jesse Tree Advent Devotional Book. You may download it for free by subscribing to A Holy Experience blog. It includes daily devotionals for the Advent season telling the story of the Old Testament leading up to the birth of Christ.

It also includes artsy "ornament" print-outs to go with each devotional. The idea is to put one on the tree each day, or use them however you would like. I think they will be great additions to our Book of Time, as we'll be doing this devotional at the beginning of our school time each day.

Often families take the month of December off from doing their regular school work to focus on holiday activities. I think this could also be the foundation of a very special Christmas unit study, if you wanted to add in some supplemental reading and crafts. Just an idea! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Life Adapted said...

Hi, I'm was searching for a blogger who does geocaching and came across your blogspot. Any advice you can give me about geocaching would be appreciated. I plan on buying a GPS for a family Christmas gift and I don't know where to start. Visit me at LifeAdapted.blogspot.com

Thanks. Btw, I enjoyed reading your blog.

Be blessed.