Monday, November 29, 2010

Irish Chain Quilt

It's pushing two years since I first posted about my Bedroom-Makeover-in-the-Works. I wish I could announce that it is finally finished... but, no, it's still in the works. I have, however, finished the quilt. My mother pieced it for me and I hand-quilted it. She also made matching pillow shams. It was time-consuming, but we are both so pleased with how it turned out.

Next up, I need to decide on what to put on the window. I did start a crocheted curtain like I mentioned in my earlier post, but I'm not sure if that's really what I want or not. It's been awhile since I worked on it, so I should probably get it out and think about it some more.

I have also considered white-washing the walls, so that the wood grain still shows through the white. Lyle's not crazy about that idea. I think I would like it... but what if I get tired of it? I'm not sure it would be possible to take it back off, and then I'd have to just paint over it. So I think I'll just leave the walls the way they are.

How would you decorate if your bedroom had knotty pine walls?

3 comments:

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh my goodness. I love that quilt...and I just absolutely love the green! Yep! I would whitewash the walls! You won't get tired of it...imho...do what you like. It's your room! xorachel

Donetta said...

The quilt looks FANTASTIC!
wow what a work of love.
I might look into the earthy greens and then get a color wheel and think on a complimentary or a diatic. Get a wheel and you will see what I speak of.
woodsy would be my thought with forest creatures or something you love. Use it for inspiration. A little nick knack, picture or the like?

Dori said...

beautiful quilt! Honestly? I'd paint those walls WHITE. But, I've lived with paneled walls for 7 years now and HATE them (Gary won't let me paint them)