Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Busy Hands

I have this need to have something for my hands to do any time I'm "just sitting"... whether it's visiting with my husband, or watching a movie with him, or riding along in the car. Here some projects I currently have going...
I'm making slow progress on the curtain I'm crocheting for my bedroom. I changed patterns from the one I originally had picked out. This one is worked up in squares (like a bedspread or tablecloth pattern) but I think the "blocky" pattern will coordinate nicely with my Irish Chain quilt/bedspread.
I also have a pair of socks going. I really enjoy knitting socks, especially since I discovered the two-at-a-time method on a circular needle.
The above project may not look like much, but I am very pleased with my efforts. I have been attempting to catch on to the knack of tatting for a very long time. When I finally figured out the "trick" it was just so time-consuming and fiddly that I wasn't sure I wanted to pursue it any further... but I love the way it looks, and I like how portable it is. This little strip of lace isn't very consistent or smooth, but... yay! I'm learning! Also, I'm getting faster with practice, which makes me happy.

In case you think I never finish anything, just because I have 3 projects going at once... nope. That's just the way I work. I like having variety to swap off with. I do finish (most) projects I start.  Some just take longer than others.
This is a pair of sweet little baby booties I finished as a gift a couple weeks ago.

What are you working on these days?


CreativeShareWednesdays

8 comments:

Laura said...

Beautiful handwork, Karla!

Berry Patch said...

Very nice! I wish I knew how to do this. My MIL keeps offering to teach me to knit and sew and such. I really should take her up on it. ;-)

pse said...

I'm working on a denim quilt. My goal is to get a lot of this fabric worked up this year.

Angel @ Finding The Inspiring said...

Wow! You are so talented. And busy. :) Me, I'm a bit on the slow side. I'm trying to finish a book I've been reading. Does that count? Blessings!

Making Memories 1999 said...

Love your work! I've tried knitting, but up to this point, I've not gotten the hang of it yet. I just finished two "family yearbook" photobooks. My goal is to digitally scrapbook this year, as we go along, so that it's not a HUGE project later.

Penny said...

The curtains are going to be gorgeous! What a beautiful talent.

I've nominated your blog for the Stylish Blogger Award. You can learn more about it and pick up your award here:
http://kneedeepingrace.com/2011/02/my-first-blog-award/

Blessings,
PK

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi
Just wanted to let you know that I “ Featured” you on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Blog Hop today for your great project & inspiration! Be sure to grab the “I was featured” on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Button/Code for your sidebar! You deserve it! Thanks so much..If you’re not a follower already we’d love for you to join us...
Barb

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi
Just wanted to let you know that I “ Featured” you on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Blog Hop today for your great project & inspiration! Be sure to grab the “I was featured” on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Button/Code for your sidebar! You deserve it! Thanks so much..If you’re not a follower already we’d love for you to join us...
Barb