Friday, February 24, 2012

Catching Up

If you follow my Twitter feed (there on the sidebar, if you hadn't noticed it) you probably realize I've had a terrible cold last week. Dontcha just hate colds? So sneezy and uncomfortable... and just wearying and miserable. My brain has been so foggy I haven't felt like doing much except whining. What? You don't want to hear me whine? Okay. I'll stop now. Besides I'm about over it.

I fully intended to blog earlier this week, but somehow it's been one of those frantic, catch-up weeks-- what with being gone to Colorado one week, then not feeling all that great last week, and knowing that we will be leaving for a road-trip a week from today. Always so much to do.

Homeschool convention season is almost upon us, and for my family that means a series of road trips of various lengths from March through June. Our first trip this year will be to the Spring Curriculum Fair in Loveland, Colorado March 9-10. That's a pretty good distance for us (16 or 18 hours driving, I think) so we decided to combine it with a vacation trip. We plan to leave the weekend before that and drive on down to Arkansas and Missouri to visit our parents for a couple days, then loop back around through Colorado for the convention. We'll be making a stop at the Sonlight offices in the Denver area to pick up my convention supplies for the season, too. It's a lot of miles in a short amount of time, but we do love to travel so we are looking forward to it. I am hoping to be able to blog along the way.

Ready or not, I'm glad convention season is nearly here because that means it's almost spring! I have caught myself looking for tiny buds on the lilac bushes all month. Then I have to remind myself that it's still just February, so they won't be there yet.

In the meantime, among other projects, I have recently re-stocked my Etsy shop with new washcloth sets in a variety of colors, helped Laura get her Etsy shop set up @ Through Laura's Eyes (she doesn't have anything listed yet, but she's working on some tie-dyed t-shirts), and helped Rachel update the look of her blog @ A Romantic Porch.

I guess it's a good problem to have-- so many things you're interested in that you don't have time for all of them! At least I'm never bored.

1 comment:

A Romantic Porch said...

Yes, How in the world did you ever fit me (the dangerous mis-fit) into your busy schedule? I appreciate it SO much! xo rachel