Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sports Fans

Lyle texted me this picture he took at a hockey game he went to last night. His brother had been given four tickets and invited him and a couple other guys to go with him.  It was a first for Lyle-- attending a hockey game, that is. He said it was fun to watch, especially since we had just been ice skating earlier this winter.

I'm not much of a sports fan myself. I mean, I do know the Super Bowl is tomorrow, but I couldn't tell you who is playing. Except I'm pretty sure it's not the Saints (my dad's team) or the 49ers (Lyle's team). I may or may not watch sit through the game, but if I do I'll enjoy the national anthem and then root for the clock as I crochet... or read.

But I digress. This post is meant to be about hockey, not football. So Lyle sent me this picture last night during warm-up. I showed it to the girls, and they said, "But Dad's not in the picture!"

I texted him back that the girls wanted a picture of him with his buddies. "Be sure and lean your heads all together and smile real cheesy for the camera like the girls and their friends do," I told him. Laura thought that was hilarious. She was sure they would get some odd looks if they tried it.

"Yeah, not happenin'" was her dad's response.

I guess "their" team (the Spokane Chiefs) won. Lyle got a coupon for a free chalupa from Taco Bell because they scored at least five goals. Isn't that special?

1 comment:

Farrah said...

I love going to those when I was a kid. Kylen can't stand it.