Thursday, February 2, 2012

It's the Little Things

 I got to my office at about 7:15 this morning. My office, you know, is just a few steps from my bedroom. I had forgotten to program the coffee pot last night, so I was thinking about going upstairs to make some when I spotted a Starbucks cup sitting on my desk. My first thought was that it was just a left-over cup that I had forgotten to toss, but... I didn't have Starbucks yesterday.

I reached out to touch it. Perhaps it was just a mirage? Nope. It was still warm.

I cautiously took a sip. Ahhhh... Grande Decaf Caramel Macchiato Extra-Hot (or at least it probably had been an hour earlier when my sweet man left it there for me). Just the way I like it! Lyle had driven to Starbucks, then stopped back by home to slip in and leave a coffee for me before going on to work.

I popped it in the microwave for 30 seconds, then sat there sipping my latte and counting my blessings...
  1. being married to such a thoughtful, hard-working, romantic man
  2. an office all to myself (though I've really got to get it organized soon!)
  3. a cute doggy who also adores the man
  4. daughters who are also thoughtful and hard-working to keep up with the house and such while I'm working frantically on project deadlines
My blessings, of course, are far more numerous than that. But it was time to start my day.

No comments: