Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Two-Day Adventure

A few weeks ago I was trying to think of what to get Lyle for his birthday. Anything he really needs or wants (that I could afford) he usually buys for himself. He's been working way too hard lately, so I thought of a weekend getaway instead of a gift. First, I was trying to think of somewhere nearby... I mean, we do live in a resort area, so it wouldn't be hard to find a cozy little bed-and-breakfast or something. But no, he would actually rather drive to relax, than sit around doing nothing. So I started thinking further afield. How far could we go in one day, and then turn around and come home the next day? Well, the coast, of course!

I planned a route in my mind to head down to the Columbia River Gorge, over to Portland, and then visit the Tillamook Cheese Factory. I picked out a cute little coastal motel for the night, and then decided to let him plan an alternate route home.

Before I made reservations, I thought I better check with him to make sure he would enjoy it. His immediate response: "Sounds good to me!"

Shortly after that he sent me the above map. So that's our itinerary for this weekend. I don't know where we'll be when, but it's sure to be an adventure. I think I've figured out how to blog from my phone, so I'm going to try doing mini-posts along the way.

1 comment:

Keetha Broyles said...

Looks like quite a trip!

My phone is a dinosaur that can't even take a picture, but I've learned to make pretty good posts using my Galaxy Tablet. The only thing I can't seem to learn to do is copy and paste.