Thursday, December 6, 2012

Happy Hooking

Lately I've had a little flurry of orders with my Etsy shop. That's been keeping me busy, but it's a fun, relaxing kind of busy-ness as it mostly involves sitting around crocheting. It's the slow season for my "real" job with Sonlight, so it's nice to have a little extra income.

One of my friends asked me recently, "What is an Etsy?" For others of you who may not know, Etsy is an online community of "shops" specializing in hand-made or vintage items. It's a wonderful place to find unique gifts... thus the little flurry right now before Christmas.

My shop is primarily stocked with small gift items that I've crocheted. I'm what you might call an obsessive crocheter. I do crochet every day... and yes, I carry it around with me. I enjoy working with a variety of fibers (though cotton is my favorite) and love trying out new patterns.

Here are a few of the items I currently have posted:

Mini stockings...
Regency-style reticules...
Wash-cloths...
Mug cozies...
It seems like quite a few people have decided that these would make great stocking stuffers... so I'm staying busy fulfilling orders.

And that, my friends, is the primary reason I haven't been blogging this week.

Just in case you missed me, and wondered.

I'll be back soon. I promise.

P.S. If you're still shopping, it's not too late to get your order placed in time for Christmas!

1 comment:

Natasha Marie said...

Ooh, the Regency style reticules are beautiful!!