Monday, July 29, 2013

Amateur Photographer

Another thing we did while my parents were here was to go on some photo shoots. My dad has a wonderful DSLR camera that he let me use. I had got to use it last fall when I went out to Oklahoma, so I was anxious to get to play around with it again.

Since Becky's senior year is approaching I wanted to see if I could actually take some pictures of her that we could use as her senior pictures. She loves horses and cowboys, so I thought it would be neat to have a western theme for her pictures. When my parents heard of my plan, they offered to take her shopping for a cowboy hat for her 18th birthday so she could wear it for the pictures.

I asked some friends if we could use their place as a backdrop since they have horses. They were happy to agree. And so we set out...
Since I had never done this before, and my dad is also an amateur photographer, he got some advice from my sister who is a professional photographer. "Set the camera on Auto and just snap-snap-snap!"

And that's what I did.
I was pleased with the results. I would love to have a camera like that, but I guess I can probably borrow it just about any time I'm around my Dad. Because he's generous like that.

2 comments:

pse said...

The pictures are SO good! Love them and the girl!

Farrah said...

I'm so glad her senior pics are cowgirl style. It fits her perfectly, and it looks like they turned out great!