Friday, September 27, 2013

We Have Arrived!

Today we reach a major milestone, Lyle and I. Our children are both now legally adults. We have successfully raised them. We take full credit, of course, for the beautiful young ladies they have turned out to be. And now, we are done. We can sit back and enjoy our empty nest, basking in the satisfaction of a job well done....
.
.
.

Oh! Except for one thing... they actually do still live with us, so our nest isn't really empty.

Oh! And another thing... I still have the rest of this school year to homeschool.

Oh, yeah. And they still ask us for advice. Several times a day usually. They don't always choose to follow our advice. But they do ask.

And I worry about them. Especially when they are out and about with their friends. Or driving home from work late at a night on dark country roads.

I fret about the future. Where will they be in 5 years? 10?

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I'm ready for them to be all grown up. But here we are.

And our parenting job isn't really over.

And we really can't take credit for the beautiful young ladies they truly are. That credit has to go to God for the wisdom He was so gracious to provide every time we asked. And to friends and family who have so faithfully come alongside us over the years.

We are blessed.
.
.
.
Happy 18th birthday, Sweet Becky!

4 comments:

A Romantic Porch said...

I've been thinking about her all day! I hope it is a happy one for her!
xo rachel

Jan said...

Happy Birthday, Becky!! I hope it's wonderful! Love you!

pse said...

And how did those 18 years go by so quickly? Happy birthday, Rebecca!

Farrah said...

You have two VERY nice girls, both of which I think turned out extremely well. Happy birthday, Rebecca!