Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Made My Day!

Our homeschool co-op started today. One of the classes I signed up to teach was Newsletter. Only 3 students signed up for it. All brothers. Teenage boys. I cringed a little. They candidly admitted to me that they mainly signed up just so they wouldn't have to be in Study Hall that period. But they had some real good ideas, so I think they will enjoy the class. But what made my day was that these young men all politely answered, "Yes, ma'am," or "No, ma'am," whenever I asked a question! That clued me in that they weren't from around here. Up until then I hadn't noticed that they also spoke with sweet, slow Southern drawls! (Just sounds normal to me! However, no one says "Yes, ma'am," and "No, ma'am" around here! So that stood out to me more than their accents.) Come to find out they just (within the last month) moved up here from Tennessee. They were also helpful, courteous, and very respectful. It will be a joy to work with these young gentlemen!

Their dad was there so I made a point to mention to him how sweet the boys were. (Not sure if their mom was also there. If she was, I don't know who she was.) His reply, "Well, if you have any trouble with 'em, you just do whatever you need to to keep 'em in line!" With home training like that, I don't think I have to worry about any behavior problems! What a blessing!

No comments: