The challenge: name 10 Things That Bring Me Joy...
- Walking with the Lord. His peace gives me joy... even when it seems like I don't feel very joyful.
- Talking with my husband. Two weeks from today is our 20th anniversary. What a short 20 years it's been!
- Reading to my children. Read-aloud time is the best part of the school day!
- Long drives on back roads... or better still, long road trips... Our best family times are usually in the car.
- Watching the puppy play. Can't help but smile.
- A caramel latte... especially when my husband swings by Starbucks unexpectedly and tells me to get him a mocha and get me whatever I want. Let's see there was a fancy name for a certain style of latte that I really liked... What was it? Macciati? Something like that, seems like. It was creamier or something. Can't remember. But it was yummy!
- A good book... and time to read it!
- Camping in the mountains. Fresh air. Wood smoke. Time to relax. Mmmmmm....
- Time away with my husband. We try to get away for at least one night every year around our anniversary. The kids call it our "honeymoon".
- A crackling fire on cold winter evenings. Our house is tiny and crowded but we do enjoy the fireplace!
Ha! Reading back over the list you can tell I'm a romantic... and very much in love with husband, can't you?