Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Under Attack

I am really feeling under attack right now. A lot of not-fun things going on, in addition to too many responsibilities. Oppressed, depressed, stressed... that's me. Every time I turn around lately it's something different. And it's not even winter yet! Although, the daylight hours are getting shorter, so that's not helping.

Our pastor had a good message last night on how to recognize attacks of the enemy. It was heartening for me to realize that is what is going on... but it didn't help me feel much better. And yet another major attack from a totally unexpected quarter today. But tonight, I opened my Bible to where the bookmark was... it's been a few weeks since I used this particular copy of the Bible, so the bookmark was just at a random place. I just started reading on the page... and God spoke healing to my heart through His word...

Teach me how to live, O Lord.
Lead me along the path of honesty,
for my enemies are waiting for me to fall.
Do not let me fall into their hands.
For they accuse me of things I've never done
and breathe out violence against me.
Yet I am confident that I will see the Lord's goodness
while I am here in the land of living.

Wait patiently for the Lord.
Be brave and courageous.
Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.

Psalm 27:11-14 NLT

I was also reminded in the message last night that my "enemies" are not people. The enemy is Satan himself, and he will do everything in his power to deceive. Hmph! I don't b'lieve I'm gonna let him get by with that!

I could use extra prayer right now, if you feel so inclined...

No comments: