Monday, April 20, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...

Outside my window... everything is turning green and the sun is shining. I am so happy that it's spring!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...I am thinking... of all that I still need to do this week.

I am thankful for... health! After a rough couple of weeks with a bad spring cold, and a wisdom tooth extraction, I am grateful to be feeling much better!

From the learning rooms... my daughters will need to work as independently as possible this week. I'd like to just take the whole week off of school, but we have too much still to do before we break for the summer, so we probably better not.

From the kitchen... I made the most delicious custard yesterday!

I am creating... display items for my Sonlight booth.

I am going... to Seattle this weekend for the Christian Heritage Homeschool Conference.

I am reading... Homeschooling at the Speed of Life by Marilyn Rockett, The Moment Between by Nicole Baart, Laylie's Daring Quest by Kersten Hamilton

I am hoping... that my jaw will no longer be bothering me by this weekend.

Around the house... I am up to my neck (literally!) in boxes... and books... and boxes of books!

One of my favorite things... really great books!

A few plans for the rest of the week: The main focus this week is to get ready for the trip to Seattle for the homeschool conference. We will be taking our travel trailer for the first outing of the season, so I need to make sure that's ready to go, as well as booth supplies for the conference.

6 comments:

tonia said...

such beautiful tulips in that photo! we have colds here too...ick...just as the spring weather has arrived in style.

hope you are feeling better!

Maja said...

Good luck this weekend!

pse said...

Wish I could help you!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Hope everything goes good this week end...
Love the tulips. Everything is so beautiful.
Molly

Mrs. C said...

Enjoy your homeschool conference. Ours is coming up pretty soon, too. I can't wait to go!

I love the tulip picture. I have some on my table that have seen much better days...lol.

Missus Wookie said...

Oh glorious tulips, what a lovely view. Hope your trip goes well, I LOVE talking about Sonlight :)