Wednesday, April 29, 2009

An uneventful trip

It is with much gratefulness that I report that this past weekend's trip was uneventful. That's not to say it wasn't fun and productive. It was. It just didn't involve the "high drama" that made last year's trip such a disaster! And so, we're glad.

One of my favorite things about going to Seattle in April is that spring arrives on the west coast just a little earlier than it does here in the Inland Northwest. I enjoy watching for that as we go west.

Whoops! We're not quite there yet... We did get a few snow flurries as we drove over the mountains.
Okay, here we are. Yes! This is more like it!
We didn't get to go see the tulip farms this year, but I enjoyed the beautiful flowers that were blooming at the RV park where we stayed. Have you ever seen a black pansy?
We had a lovely spot in the RV park, and it was sunny the day we arrived-- rare for Seattle, you know.
This was the view from our trailer... so serene!
And the homeschool convention went well. I'll post about it on my homeschool blog in a bit.

13 comments:

Alicia, The Snowflake said...

What a great spot! I don't think I have ever seen a black pansy before. But it is very pretty!

Look forward to reading about the homeschool convention. Ours is this weekend. I can't wait!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

So glad everything went smooth. Love the RV veiw. I have seen a black pansy and they are absolutely breath taking. I have also seen a black Day Lily. I bought one 2 yrs ago, but it hasn't bloomed yet. Here's hoping it will this year and I can get pictures.

pse said...

I'm thankful you had a safe trip. I've never see a black pansy, but I have a black iris. They are beautiful. I love your RV view!

Mrs. C said...

I'm glad you're back. I just popped over from your other journal and it sounds like you had a good time.

We lived in an RV for a year while we built our house. Seeing pics of your RV sure brings back memories. Some good...some not so much...lol. ;)

mary grace said...

MUCH nicer than a parking lot. Good choice!

Carrie said...

What a joy it must be to travel through such beautiful scenery and to stay at a beautiful spot as well.
The black pansy is really striking. Pansies are one of my favorite flowers. I will be putting out pots of yellow pansies on the front steps this weekend when I can get the heavy cement pots moved from the garage.

Margaret Cloud said...

You have a very nice looking trailer and the view is awesome. Your photos of the flowers is really pretty. Thank you for coming by and have a nice weekend.

Shabby Olde Potting Shed said...

Hey there,
Think I'll lay down under that weeping willow and just veg for a while... ahhhhhh what a beautiful picture... and that word: SERENE says it all.

I planted a weeping willow down by our pond this spring in honor of my angel mother. Unfortunately our donkeys have managed to get to part of it and chew on it. I pray ONE DAY, it will be as grand as that willow you shared.

Holykisses and black pansies... !
Lea

Marqueta said...

What beautiful scenery! I visited Seattle a few times when I was very young, since my aunt lived there (She has since passed on), but I always have happy memories of feeding ducks at a pond, going on a clam bake (and riding the ferry to it), and Fisherman's Wharf.

Thanks for the "trip" down memory lane!

Love,

Marqueta

lady m's lavender cottage said...

Karla,

What beautiful pictures!

Thank you for sharing them with us :)

I'll be stopping by the homeschool blog...

blessings,

Lady M

My Journey said...

Hi! I'm back on line and FINALLY updated my blog! I was stopping by to say hi and hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Carolina

Andrea said...

Very, very beautiful! It's refreshing and interesting. I live in the South, and it is beautiful here, but there are so many other lovely places I haven't seen.

Thank you for sharing the wonders of God's creation!

Many blessings,

Andrea

TattingChic said...

Glad to hear that your trip was safe and sound! Thanks for the pretty pics! It looks like you had a lot of beautiful things to look at while you were there! :)