Sunday, May 3, 2009

20 of My Favorite Things

Peggy @ The Simple Woman challenged us to name our favorites on this list. I have a hard time picking favorites, because I like so many things and my "favorites" often change. But... I thought it would be a fun exercise. And so I'll post this with the disclaimer that the items on this list might not necessarily be my only favorite in any given category... and I reserve the right to change my mind!
1. Color: Sage green. (If you visit all 3 of my blogs, you might get that impression!) I also like red really well. I wear red a lot, and love red accessories... my purse, date book, cell phone, slippers, bathrobe, sandals... all red!

2. Dessert: Currently Breyers Dulce de Leche ice cream.

3. Smell: Well, I was going to say fresh-brewed coffee. But, no, I gotta go with my hubby fresh from the shower! Love dat man!

4. Flower: Oh, my! This is a hard one. But I do like the spring flowers best, I think. Tulips, pansies, daffodils, lilacs... probably because they don't last as long as the summer flowers.

5. Animal: This one's easy! Dogs. In particular, our adorable little border collie/beagle, Cookie.

6. Month: I used to say April, but since we live further north now where spring arrives later, I guess it's actually May.

7. Beverage: Starbucks Caramel Macchiato

8. Pair of shoes: Salt-Water sandals in the summer. Lands' End fleece clogs in the winter.

9. Snack: Another easy one! Popcorn. With real butter, please.

10. Song: It's hard to pick a favorite. It varies according to the seasons of my life... but one of my all-time favorites is He Abides.

11. Book: The Bible. (I know the question probably meant, "besides the Bible..." but I'm going to take the easy way out, because there is no way I can pick any other book as a favorite!)

12. Fruit: Strawberries.

13. Hairstyle: On me? I like the way it looks when it's down and curled, but it drives me crazy and gets in my way. So, yeah, I usually wear it pulled back in a doubled-up ponytail or a big clip.

14. Piece of clothing: My sherpa fleece hoodie.

15. Store to clothes shop: Christopher & Banks

16. Season: Spring!

17. Hobby: Reading. I have dozens of other hobbies that I thoroughly enjoy, but reading is at the top of my list. I also like to listen to audio books while I work on my other hobbies.

18. Thing to collect: Books!

19. Movie: Anne of Green Gables

20. Restaurant: On the Border

Feel free to copy this list to your blog (or Facebook page) and fill in your answers. Let me know if you do it... I'd love to read your answers!

9 comments:

lady m's lavender cottage said...

What a great list, Karla! I feel like I know you a bit more :)

blessings,

lady m

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Pretty interesting answers. I have to say I like Anna of Green Gables too.

Constance said...

I'm with you on the sage green! I have loved earthy greens for as long as I can remember!

Green Gables, yup that's just one of my favorites too!

On the Border-thumbs up! Needless to say, living in Texas we have more Mexican restaurants than you can imagine. My absolute favorite though:
Casa de Leija!

This is my daughter Jessica and her husband Steven's (he's Mexican) house!
Connie

Kristi said...

Oh, I love Anne of Green Gables,Starbucks, pansies, strawberries, and so many of your faves too. Great list!

Alicia, The Snowflake said...

I knew there was a reason I liked you. We have a lot of things in common :o) I love Anne of Green Gables, Starbucks & strawberries...as well as pansies. Oh and I can't forget to mention the Bible.

Had a great time at the convention this weekend. Got most of my questions answered about Sonlight. I did place my order last night for a few of the things I needed. I made sure to mention your name. Thanks for all of your help!

A happy heart at home said...

I enjoyed reading your list. I like red accessories, too.

~Susan

A Romantic Porch said...

I need to do these list thingies sometime. It would make me think about myself and analyze...would that be a good thing? Your list is INTERSTING...you must be interesting! I'm glad you're you! xorachel

Mrs. C said...

Lol about your comment that you reserve the right to change your mind. I wish I had thought of that!

I'm a big Anne with an "e" fan, too. If you haven't already watched them, you might enjoy Tales from Avonlea.

Joy said...

great list. I haven't heard of that restaraunt before though.