Friday, May 15, 2009

There's a birthday on A Romantic Porch!

Last week when I told about picking Mayflowers with Rachel, Tatting Chic commented: "What a sweet story! I didn't know that Rachel from A Romantic Porch was your Auntie!!! How sweet! :)"

Yes... she's my "auntie"... and today is her birthday! Last year for her birthday I posted a picture taken the same day this one was:
The other one is a better pose, but the resolution is sharper on this one.

I wonder what we were looking at?

Don't you love Rachel's curls?

Oh! And lest the antique buggy make you think we are older than we really are. No. It was antique then! The picture was taken in 1966.

9 comments:

lady m's lavender cottage said...

Oh the picture is adorable! yes, her curls are so cute :)

Thank you for sharing...

lady m

pse said...

Oh, what darling little girls! Love you both.

A Romantic Porch said...

Karla, OOPS! I think you have a typo there!!! Wasn't that photo taken in 1986...? (smiling and winking) Wow! I think we were doll babies weren't we? Hey thanks for the sweet birthday wishes. Please come back and visit so you can (maybe) win something! xo rachel

A Romantic Porch said...

Whatever we were looking at, you thought it was hilarious and I didn't want anyone to know what I thought of it! Love ya

e-Mom said...

Wow, what an outstanding photo! I love Rachel's curls. :~D

Love Bears All Things said...

Karla, I went to look at the 2008 post. While there I read some more of your posts from that May. I saw the Tea Kettle. I have one. An elderly friend of mine(now deceased)gave me money for a Birthday one year and that is what I bought with it. I also saw your tea pot, cups and saucers.
I had two uncles close to me, one a year older and one a year younger growing up.
Mama Bear

Schotzy said...

Adorbly cute- love the curls! I enjoyed my visit. Your flowers are lovely! I love this time of year!!!!

Keetha said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today and commenting about my "tablescape." I'm pretty SURE you and I are not the ONLY ones who SHOULD be making this confession!!! Hehehehehehehehe

I just don't think those fancy tablescapes are practical on a daily basis.

Carrie said...

What sweet and precious family memories!