Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Interesting People

Interesting people are... well, interesting! I don't mean that in a bad way, I just don't know how else to describe them.The other day I was trying to describe an acquaintance to a friend of mine. I said, "She's... interesting."

My friend looked at me kind of funny and said, "Is that a bad thing?"

I said, "Oh, no! Not bad... she's just... different. You'll just have to meet her."

Each one of us is unique, but some of us are more "interesting" than others.
"Some people are just interesting. They can't help it. They just are."
--Rick Bragg, Ava's Man
My mother will say of a person, "She's an interesting writer..." or "He's an interesting speaker..." That's not what I mean. I am talking about people who are just interesting to be around. You never know what they might do or say next. Often it's because they've had fascinating life experiences... but sometimes it's just because that's the way God made them.

I like interesting people. Don't you?

8 comments:

Emily said...

I love interesting people! They are the spice of life! :)

Karina said...

I love interesting people! And I know exactly what you mean too. Sometimes "interesting" is the only way to describe someone. Truth be told, I think my friends and I might fit in that "um, interesting" category at times. Lol

mary grace said...

Interesting people can sometimes talk your ear off and make you almost miss getting a copy of a cd you ordered.


Just sayin'.

lady m's lavender cottage said...

Praise the Lord for our differences! Interesting people make the world an "interesting" place :)

Lady M

A Romantic Porch said...

I LOVE interesting people. Cute posting about it! xorachel

TattingChic said...

There's nothing more boring than a bunch of cookie-cutter people all lined up ready to make sure no one stands out in a crowd! I like interesting people, too! :)

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

Hi Karla,
I like 'interesting' people myself! We are all unique because the Lord made us that way. Some are more 'unique' than others and that's what makes people so fascinating. Thanks for your interesting post. Have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Farrah said...

Uh-oh! Is it me? ;-)